Even though I only had six people provide me with feedback, I am confident that the game has improved because of it. Thanks, Liza, Marshall, Don, S-M-R, Mark and Ari.
I’ve actually completed these changes already:
- Prevent the player from being stuck on cars, barbed wire, boulders and other obstacles.
- Provide the player with a glimpse of a directional arrow giving a clue as to where the next safe haven is. This happens later in the game when they are harder to find.
- I removed numeric scoring from the game. It was buggy, and not necessary. The player is still given a rank though.
- I clarified, both in game, and in the instructions, what happens with the stay and go options when on the safe haven screen.
- When upgrading an attribute at a safe haven, you can see your current scores so that you can make an informed decision.
- The flashlight is a little easier to see with.
- The Camp Button, and its shortcut, has been added to the long and short instructions.
I still need to triple check the above and do the following:
- Make sure that zombies aren’t killed for no reason in the city and suburbs.
- Guarantee that zombies are spawned during combat.
That’s all for now. I suspect that the final release of version 1.1 will be before May.